Starting a new business can be a extremely challenging. At Harris Carr we can help smooth the way and ensure that your business get off to a good start.

You may need advice on the appropriate structure for your new business, whether this should be a sole trader, partnership or limited company.  Sole traders and partnerships should register with HM Revenue & Customs in good time to avoid any penalties for late notification.  To form a limited company you'll need to consider who will be the officers of the company, where the registered office address will be and a suitable share structure.

Whatever structure you decide to operate with, you will generally need the help of an accountant to prepare the financial statements, following standard accounting conventions and complying with legal requirements.  The financial statements will generally consist of a profit and loss account, balance sheet and for limited companies, a directors' report.